Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The last few days we've been doing two careers in Human Services. Today we're describing them and telling why they matter to us if they even do. My first career is a Epidemiologist. This job includes studying diseases, infections, and health outcomes. Some of them take their observations and put them into solving the problem. They have to be very critical thinkers and active listeners since they have to observe a lot of things. They have to have at least a Master's Degree. They make about $65,000 in the U.S. The projected job growth for an Epidemiologist is from %20 - 28%. My second job is a Mental Health Counselor. A Mental Health Counselor helps people with their mental, emotional, and substance abuse problems. Their job requires a Master's Degree and they make about $40,080 in the U.S. The projected growth for a Mental Health Counselor is 29% or higher. They both matter to me. The reason they matter to me is because they both relate to the career I actually want to do. I want to help people in some way and I want to be in the medical field.

No comments:

Post a Comment